Dentistry for kids is important – even for their baby teeth. Good dental habits take root at a very young age. Brushing, flossing, limiting drinks with added free sugar sweeteners, etc. are good things to introduce to your children as soon as possible. Furthermore, we recommend bringing them to the dentist before they have a problem, which will reinforce that the dentist should not be a scary place for them. We can provide standard procedures for children, including cleanings and exams, as well as sealants for when they obtain their adult teeth. (Note that sealants do have a narrow time window.) At Geelan Dental Care, we understand not all children love going to the dentist. We strive to make your child’s dental visit fun for the kid, and relaxing for you. Most importantly, we want to help you set them up for excellent dental hygiene for life!
Tips for great dental hygiene:
• Use toothpaste with fluoride. Many brands offer child friendly flavors and colors. Make it fun for them!
• Brush your teeth when you wake up, and before you go to bed.
• Don’t brush too hard. It can lead to gum irritation
• Don’t forget to brush and floss behind your top front teeth and behind the bottom front teeth.
• Geelan Dental Care-Your Downtown Portland Dentist!